Special Education serves children birth through 21 who qualify for services according to criteria established by the state of Minnesota. These services include, but are not limited to:
- learning disabilities
- emotional behavioral disorders
- autism spectrum disorders
- speech / language disorder
- developmentally cognitive disability
- occupational and physical therapy
- assistive technology
- early intervention services
Individual and small group support is provided for children who qualify in these areas. All services are based on individual needs of the child.
The Special Education department serves many students across all disability categories. We teach students various academic and life skills at their current instructional level. Our mission is to prepare them for achieving their work and post-secondary goals upon completing high school.