A Note from the School Nurse
Mrs. Lanae Dixon
During these winter months, we are reminded of the joys of the cold and flu season ahead of us. Listed below you will find a brief review of our health policies. I am looking forward to working with you for the health and safety of your student. Have a great school year!
Student shall be excluded from all school activities for the following reasons:
- If a student has a temperature above 100º F in the past 24 hours.
- If a student has vomited in the past 24 hours.
- If a student has an active case of headlice.
- If a student has a contagious infection (ie. Pinkeye, impetigo, etc.) they must be excluded until they have received 24 hours of antibiotic treatment.
- If a student's immunizations are not current.
Parents are reminded that the school needs to have a Health Information form completed for the current school year on file, along with a current Emergency Card on file. Please contact the health office with any changes to this information that may occur during the school year. Please be advised that students who are sent home from school during the school day must be picked up within 60 minutes of notification by school personnel. Students who are sent home during the school day may not return without approval by school personnel.
Please remember that we are working together to decrease the number and severity of illnesses that our students encounter. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have at 218-746-2114 or visit the Minnesota Department's Web site.